He has been a guest lecturer at many european universities and academies of music including Zurich University of Arts, Art University of Graz, Gothenburg University, Norwegian Academy of music Oslo, Geneva Conservatory, Kuopio Conservatory of Music, Kazakh National University of Arts Astana, EMS Stockholm a.o. and takes part in conferences and symposiums.
Since 2011 he has been teaching at the Moscow Contemporary Music Ensemble Academy for Young Composers in Tchaikovsky-city.
Sergej Tchirkov is available for lecturing, workshops and master-classes in different countries. Basic languages are English, German, French, Russian and Italian. For further information on courses, lectures and individual lessons please mail to email@example.com
Courses for composers
- Analyses of contemporary works (accordion solo, ensembles with accordion, accordion and orchestra)
- Presentation of the instrument: its origins, background and development
- Overview of performance techniques. Extended techniques.
- Questions and practical tips
- Sound examples from the repertoire
Courses for performers
- Contemporary music interpretation: analyses of works and techniques used
- Accordion with other instruments and orchestras.
- Improvisation (solo and in groups)
- Performance practice of electroacoustic music